Friday, May 19, 2023

Unprepared, I am

I can't remember the last time I went into a marathon as unprepared as I am today. Cleveland is only two days away, and I feel that my training has been woefully inadequate.  It may help if I look back on how I got here.

In the second half of 2022, my training and racing began to improve. By the end of the year, I was back to about where I'd started before the pandemic and my Achilles surgery. All's well that ended well. 2023 began about where 2022 left off, with a solid marathon coming in February. March didn't go so well, but I had begun to come back once again in April. But then came two weeks of almost no running, just when I should have been running the most.

Now that I've been back for ten days or so, I have yet to find my fitness groove. Maybe if I had another couple of weeks, I'd be okay.

But I don't.




No comments: