Monday, August 29, 2005

Dan's Running 26Aug through 29Aug 2005

On Friday, 2005-08-26, I did a long run. Not just any long run, but a 25-mile long run. And it wasn't pretty at all. I came back after 14, and felt like quitting at that time. But no, I went out and slogged another 11 at about a nine minute pace. Altogether I did the 25 in 3:40:30. Don't know what it was - maybe the warm, humid morning, but more likely it was just getting back from MSP the day before, and running three hard 15's on Monday through Wednesday.

On Saturday I ran with Valerie along Lake Michigan. It was only about two miles, and it was very slow. But it was a very enjoyable run! The lake was beautiful, and there were tons of runners out. And of course I got to run with my daughter. We haven't run a whole lot together (maybe once) since she was a kid. Now she's an all-growed-up 25-year-old - a fully functioning adult, who happens to like to run.

Today I made it out to the Lester Rail Trail. It's a short 3 each way - I add on a bit to call it an even 6 round trip. I started easy and did the first 3 in about 25 minutes, picking it up a bit on the way back, including one sub-7 mile. The return was about 22 minutes. The second loop was to be a marathon pace run. I call anything under 7:00 pace that goes for 5 miles or more an MP run. I managed just under 7 minute pace for the first 3 (just under 21 minutes), then picked it up just a bit for the last 3 - 20:30 or so.

I saw 3 wild turkeys - a hen and 2 chicks!

No comments: