Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Today's Run - 2005-08-30

... was interesting. I had planned to get up early to run long, thinking about perhaps 4 before Dave came out to run at 5:15 for 10, and then 6 more afterwards. But I hadn't expected to see a time beginning with a "2" when I was getting out of bed. So I decided to get the first 10 in BEFORE Dave started. I did this by running our usual 10-mile loop beginning at about 3:58.

Got through in record time: 77:31. That may have even beat Dave's record. But - if it's only 10 miles, why aren't we doing 75 minutes or less? Today's warmth (70 or so) and extreme humility didn't help.

The problem was that I was pretty well shot by the time Dave came out. We started that 2nd 10 ok, but my fatigue soon began to show it's ugly face. I was really dragging for the last couple, and we finished in 87 minutes.

So Good and bad - yin and yang. I've planned to take tomorrow off since we're now being hit by Katrina. I then plan to do long runs on Thursday and Friday.

No comments: