Thursday, August 11, 2005

Today - 2005-08-11

I was gonna take today off from running. But I woke up at 3:40 and thought, why not. I had been thinking that it would be tough to do this long run on Friday, and Saturday was out. But would I be able to do it after a speedwork 12, a 15 and a 15 on previous days?

I did, but it wasn't pretty. Actually, it was pretty slow. But I made it. And I finished faster than I started. So it was a good one - albeit still slow overall. It was the Grand Round course - 21 miles. It's fun, and I get a decently fast finish every time. This time I did the last 8 or so at about an 8 minute pace. Overall I did the 21 in 2:57.

Been a tough week, work-wise but it's going by fast. I probably won't get an early flight home. The Worleys are coming tomorrow.

No comments: