Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Comfort Zone

Just after sunrise on the LRT

For the first time in nearly two months, I drove somewhere to run. Now I'm here on the Lester Rail Trail, and I don't know what to do.

It's not that it's not nice. The sun is rising, the birds are singing, and the temperature is relatively mild. I just forgot how to run. I guess it's due to all that time on the mill. And the hood; whatever miles I've run outside, have been close to home, and most of those have been in my immediate neighborhood. How can I possibly run on this strange but interesting trail?

Oh, I know. I put one foot in front of the other and I go. It's not so bad.

But it's not what you'd call good either. Since I did 18 on the mill yesterday, not to mention 20 a few days prior to that, I hadn't been expecting much. Of course, I am not getting much.

I suppose that's okay. Now that I have re-learnt how to drive here to run, I will probably improve. Probably. I may even get to the track tomorrow.

But for now, it's interesting to just be outside that neighborhood-and-treadmill comfort zone.

No comments: