Saturday, March 13, 2021

Never at dusk

There's no 'I' in Vitamin I.

I never take too much Ibuprofen (Vitamin I), and I haven't taken any at all in the past week or so. This is partly because I didn't want it to interfere with the Covid Vaccine. I may now, however, decide to pop one for the pain. This puts me in mind of an old Steve Martin routine, where he discusses not using marijuana. 

“I used to smoke marijuana. But I’ll tell you something: I would only smoke it in the late evening. Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening – or the mid-evening. Just the early evening, midevening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early midafternoon, or perhaps the late-midafternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning. . . . But never at dusk.”

Sometimes he would follow that up with the reason it was never at dusk: because that's when the little people come out.

Back to Vitamin I. I may need to take one because this Achilles Tendonitis pain is nearly unbearable. I'm hobbling around the house like an old man. What? I am one? Well, let's just say an older man than me. Today's run on the LRT started out okay, but after 7 or 8 miles, quickly deteriorated into an awful pain-stricken shuffle. It's debilitating, and it's discouraging.

I am registered for a marathon in April (Boston 2.1, which takes place in Ohio) and a Half in May (Medina). As it looks now, I doubt very much that I'll make it to Boston, and perhaps not even Medina. 

No comments: