Thursday, July 25, 2024

Lookin' for chafing in all the wrong places

It's gonna hurt, and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. Best to just turn the water on and step into the shower quickly. The faster I get in, the sooner it will all be over with. "YEEEOWW!" I think the neighbors three doors down are probably able to hear it. And I was correct: no amount of anticipation can prepare a person for that kind of pain. 

Prevention, of course, would have been nice. But lookyahere: I tried that. The chafing happened anyway. It's almost as if there's nothing that can stop it. Of course, there's not running. Hey - maybe I'll try that next time!

This time, I actually did cut my long run short because I felt the beginnings of the chafing coming on. It's like sunburn in that way. Once you begin to feel it, it's already too late for you. And I should know: it's happened quite a few times already this summer. This summer is already worse than any others I can remember in terms of chafing. And the worst of it: it ain't over yet.

This week had been going okay, considering Sunday's Half. But getting my long run in today would have really been nice. Now, I'll probably have to do two 9-mile Hinckley loops this Sunday. Okay, you got me. I probably would have done that anyway.

No comments: