Wednesday, July 10, 2024

The Shadow Knows

From the Wright Opera House: 'One of the most popular radio shows in history, The Shadow went on the air in August of 1930 and ran until 1954. "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!" The opening lines of the "Detective Story" program captivated listeners and are instantly recognizable even today.' My own shadow knows for sure how slow I am. It also knows that I will never, even in my wildest dreams, be able to outrun it. And finally, it does indeed know that evil lurks in my heart.

Dan and his Shadow

Today's run at Lake Medina was a case in point. All my friends were there. Until they weren't. Then, it was three more extremely sluggish miles by myself. There are times (few and far between) when I can continue running well, even after everyone else leaves the scene. Today was not one of those days. It was warm and tropically humid, and this doesn't even take into account the humility.

Yet, there was a pretty sunrise, and that got me thinking about my old shadow. I believe that it's almost as old as I am. And it's run just about the same amount of miles.

But sometimes, I just wish it would shut the f up.


Here are a couple more pics of Lake Medina from today's saunter. 




No comments: