Sunday, October 30, 2005

Amherst Skeleton 5K

First I had to find Amherst. (It's near Oberlin, south of Lorain.) I did this one to fulfill my obligation to the Hermes Race Series. Since I did good today (19:10, probably 2nd in AG), I should win my age group for the series. Don't know what happened to the one guy who was ahead of me and then dropped off the list though.

The race was pretty good for me - maybe my best 5K in a year or so, but only by a little. First mile went well - 6:05. 2nd was fine too - 6:12, including some hills though a park. I *thought* I picked it up for the 3rd, but evidently the opposite was true: I did 6:52 for the final 1.1, including the finish on the track. It would've been really nice to beat 19 minutes, especially after that decent start.

I did beat some fast guys, and probably finished 2nd, so I'll take it.

No comments: