Monday, October 24, 2005

Today's Run - 2005-10-24

The weather was miserable: 42F with a very cold rain. I *hate* cold rain while running. And I felt lousy - still full from yesterday's breakfast. I needed the speed, so I decided I should just get through the run and back home as soon as possible. This meant doing a long marathon pace run instead of intervals. Given the conditions and how I felt, would it happen?

It happened. After a 1-mile warmup, I hit the track with a 9-mile MP run, managing to keep all the miles just under 7 minutes. I sure am happy to be through with this one, but I'm happier still that I was able to do it at all. It bodes well for Huntington, but I'm still not sure.

Another cold bath afterwards.

As I was getting into the car, WKSU was talking about their fund drive and they said there were a limited number of $50 gift certificates for Vaccaro's for $150 pledges. I pledged on my cell to make sure I got one. Then they called and awoke Debbie at about 7:15am to get my t-shirt size! I sure heard about that one!

No comments: