Monday, October 24, 2005

Today's Run - 2005-10-24

The weather was miserable: 42F with a very cold rain. I *hate* cold rain while running. And I felt lousy - still full from yesterday's breakfast. I needed the speed, so I decided I should just get through the run and back home as soon as possible. This meant doing a long marathon pace run instead of intervals. Given the conditions and how I felt, would it happen?

It happened. After a 1-mile warmup, I hit the track with a 9-mile MP run, managing to keep all the miles just under 7 minutes. I sure am happy to be through with this one, but I'm happier still that I was able to do it at all. It bodes well for Huntington, but I'm still not sure.

Another cold bath afterwards.

As I was getting into the car, WKSU was talking about their fund drive and they said there were a limited number of $50 gift certificates for Vaccaro's for $150 pledges. I pledged on my cell to make sure I got one. Then they called and awoke Debbie at about 7:15am to get my t-shirt size! I sure heard about that one!

No comments:

It was dark in the park

It was dark in the park, Goes the snark remark. Today’s runner tried to be quick off the mark, But with the dark so stark, H...