Saturday, March 11, 2006

St Malachi 5-Miler

Great running weather for a change: 40s with a slight breeze.

I warmed up by doing the 2-miler in about 13:30.

The Five? I finished in 31:52. Very good going, and my best 5-miler in a while. Very consistent 6:22 pace. But this made up my mind: I'm not in outstanding enough shape to take on the Toledo Marathon in a great time, so I'll bag that one and I'll be more patient.

Here are the splits: 6:22, 6:26, 6:21, 6:20, 6:21. Good consistency, considering the hills, including that last one.

I may have gotten an award, but didn't stick around to find out.

1 comment:

Papa Louie said...

Great Race! Glad to hear other people reporting on the 5 mile race. Keep up the good work.

It was dark in the park

It was dark in the park, Goes the snark remark. Today’s runner tried to be quick off the mark, But with the dark so stark, H...