Saturday, July 04, 2020

Day 65: State Route Sizzler

Every Fourth of July, the Medina Square comes alive with activity related to the Twin Sizzler. It's a bunch of running and biking events, and it's always tons of fun. This year, like nearly all running events, it has been postponed. Although this is completely understandable, it's still sad.

Enter the Medina County Road Runners. Even though the Sizzler isn't a club event, it always sees high participation from MCRR. In the race's absence, the club held a fun and safely distancing (non) event called the State Route Sizzler. To keep the runners safely distant from one another, we started in three (it was going to be four) different directions from the Square, all on state routes (18, 42, 3). Each route was just out and back to the Gazebo.

My randomly chosen direction was East on 18. I started slow, and each mile got slower. But it was tons of fun. It was so great to see everyone before, during, and after the run.

Just after sizzling


I also ran a bunch before and after the sizzling. My warmup (and it was literally warm) was actually faster than my race.

I had a blast on the Fourth!

No comments: