Sunday, July 05, 2020

Day 66: Back in the Hinckley Saddle

What with travel and most notably, the Coronavirus, I have hardly been doing any of my used-to-be-weekly Hinckley 9-mile runs. In fact, I've only done a couple this entire year, and none since early March. But today, I was back.

I've written about the Hinckley Nine before. I've listed the instances (I've done lots more since this list was published), and I've written about doing multiple loops, sometimes as many as three.

I realized how much I missed it. I missed the hills. I missed running with my friends. Today, it was good - real good - to be back. I was joined by running friends Julie Boggs, Dennis Amstutz, and Theresa Wright. The morning was cool and pretty, the hills - especially Effie - were challenging, and I loved my run.

Now then. Next week starts the big push.

No comments: