Monday, April 03, 2006

Recent Running

Some decent, but not great running in Connecticut, in some decent (40s, low 50s):

On Saturday I did about 21 in about 2:54. Most of the miles were rather slow - about 8:30 pace, but then when I finally found the 5-mile race course (after looking for it for most of the first 13 miles), I picked it up some - perhaps 7:45 or so pace.

I was tired on Sunday - excuses include Saturday's 21, Saturday's walking in NYC, and daylight savings time. But it really wasn't that bad. Half of the miles were slow again, until I once again wound up on the 5-mile course and managed an 8-minute pace there. Altogether 10 in 83.5.

Then came today. The weather was good (low 50s, very windy) but I wasn't. I did my 11-mile loop that includes the new subs, and it was my biggest stinker in a long time. 96 minutes - pretty much of a death march.

To atone, I stepped on the mill in the afternoon - 4 in 27 and a half with 8 x 400M averaging 90 seconds. A little atonement goes a long way.

No comments:

It was dark in the park

It was dark in the park, Goes the snark remark. Today’s runner tried to be quick off the mark, But with the dark so stark, H...