Saturday, December 16, 2006

Today's Run and a DRNeo Note

I did 4 on the mill today - not feeling too bad after yesterday's 20.

Here's a note I sent to the neo deads.


DanF asks

>Incidentally, Dan H, Rita was informed by Run Ohio that she had done
>well in the Grand Prix series this year. How'd you finally make out?

Since you asked... I dunno. I picked up a RunOhio at the Columbus Marathon and was surprised to see my name in there for several events, including the Grand Prix. I wasn't on top, but I wasn't on the bottom neither. I've never paid a whole lot of attention to it - maybe I should.

But let's talk about the Subway Ohio Challenge Series. I finished 2nd in my age group the other two years I participated. I ran fairly well this year, and I was on top most of the season, so I had high hopes for an AG win. Unfortunately, Jim Wilhelm, a very young and very fast 50-year old, managed to get uninjured enough late in the season to do enough races to come out a little ahead of me in the standings. Or so it seemed...

Debbie and went to the awards banquet a couple weeks ago with me thinking I was still the perenniel bridesmaid, only to find out that they gave Jim an award for the top "grand master". By default (or you might say, by a technicality) then, I was the top 50-54 year-old. I'll take it anyway. The funny thing was that my winnings were less than I received for 2nd place a couple years ago. Those times I got $50 cash and a $50 gift certificate to Runners Supply. This time I got $25 and a $25 gift certificate to Raisin Rack. Next year I'll try for third - maybe that will be $150 or so.

By the way, I'm still recovering from Columbus, my knee injury, Greece, TEN (count them) TEN pounds, general sloth and Thanksgiving. That's why I'm sitting here at the computer instead of running. But I'll be back...


Dan Horvath

runhorvathrun@hotmail.com

No comments: