Thursday, September 17, 2009

Terrible Tempo Training Try

After last week's terrific tempo training try, I was expecting something similar today. As always, I consider any run where I do 3 or more consecutive miles under 7 minute pace a tempo run. I did last week's tempo run during miles 2-4 of my familiar 11-mile route. When I tried to do it again today, it didn't happen. I *felt* like I was running fast, but I was slow by about 30 seconds over the 3 miles. My overall time for the 11 (87 minutes) was the same as last week's.

Now I should say that I did indeed have some terrific Tuesday track training the other day. I finally got up to 10 x 800, and averaged 3:09. The important thing is that they were consistent, and I got through the entire workout.

Other than a smattering of other slower runs, there you have it: terrible and terrific all in the same week. On the whole, howeve, I think things are looking up.

Plans are for a long run Saturday and then a series 5k Sunday.

1 comment:

Clifford Running said...

that was a good run on Sunday, always a pleasure to run with the bunch. See you soon.

It was dark in the park

It was dark in the park, Goes the snark remark. Today’s runner tried to be quick off the mark, But with the dark so stark, H...