Sunday, July 06, 2008

Sunday Morning Blahs

I had a long string of Sunday mornings where I just couldn't wake up and get myself running. Sometimes this results in no running at all, others I just run much less, and much slower than planned. All this is mostly due to running fairly long on Saturday, I am sure. I usually do want to do something of substance on Sundays - especially when it will be a busy work week.

But those Saturday runs aren't all that strenuous. They are usually in the neighborhood of 16 miles, and usually not all that fast. Maybe the Sunday Morning Blahs are all in my head?

The last few Sundays have been different. I've been able to either do some speedwork, or some decent (10 or so) distance.

But today the Blahs were back. I wanted to do 10 or 11, but could only manage 7. I wasn't sore from yesterday; only very tired. At least I did get faster as the miles went on.

No comments: