Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Week of July 27, 2008

Sunday: We were at the hotel in Norwalk and I was about to head out the door when the thunderstorm hit. Big time. So I stayed on the mill and did 10 x 1200 in 4:44. Not the greatest run though - I held on some.

Monday: I was tired, but I did manage to do 10 on the mill, with 9 of them at MP. Then I did 1 more outside just for the heck of it. Quads were really sore afterwards.

Wednesday: My quads were constantly sore, and it was a rough ride home anyway. But even so I still did manage to run ok this day. I did the 4-mile course twice (34.5, 31.5) and then did 2 more in 16. Hoping the quads improve for tomorrow.

Thursday: My long runs had been getting better and better. Until today. I wasn't feeling that great and the weather (70s, very humid) wasn't very good. So my run wasn't the greatest this time. I had only planned on 20 instead of the usual 24. Even so I was feeling very tired after the initial 16 (in 2:17). Then I had some GU and stepped onto the treadmill for the last 4. I did manage sub-7 pace, but I held on, so it still wasn't so great. Maybe I'll get back into it next week.

Saturday: I did about 18, maybe more, on the towpath with Dave and Amy. Most of it was at about 8:30 pace, but some was slower. All in all not that bad. It was exciting to see the Burning River 100 going on.

No comments:

It was dark in the park

It was dark in the park, Goes the snark remark. Today’s runner tried to be quick off the mark, But with the dark so stark, H...