Thursday, June 01, 2006

Today's Run - 2006-06-01

O what a difference a day off makes. It was warm again (70) and very humid, but something got into me and I managed a PR for the Substation 11 course: 83 minutes.

I started fast with miles 2-4 in a blazing 19:03 - my fastest tempo run in quite a while. After another good mile, I slowed down substantially during those middle miles. My still sore legs and the humidity were taking their toll. I was barely hanging on with 8-9 minute miles. Then I somehow managed to pick it up again for the last two at about 7 minute pace.

Had a cold bath to help my weary legs recover afterwards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

It was dark in the park

It was dark in the park, Goes the snark remark. Today’s runner tried to be quick off the mark, But with the dark so stark, H...