Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Today's Run - 2006-06-21

Having some time on my hands again, I did the Grand Rounds for the second time this week. Today it was much warmer (low 70s) and much more humid. My goal was to finish stronger and have a slightly faster time than that of Monday.

The humidity hit me right away. Even though my legs were remarkably un-sore and un-tired, by breathing was labored. so the first few miles were slightly slower than Monday's. I was able to pick it up just a bit in the middle section on Minnihaha Parkway, and yes, I finished stronger as well. Not a lot stronger, just a little. But considering the heat, I'll call it a very good run.

I did: first 7.25 or so down to South Beach on Lake Harriet (59). 5.5 or so on Minnehaha Parkway (43). last 7.25 (55.5). Altogether it was 2:38. I decided to add one minute to this time and to Monday's because running from the Courtyard is just slightly shorter than from the Marriott.

No comments:

It was dark in the park

It was dark in the park, Goes the snark remark. Today’s runner tried to be quick off the mark, But with the dark so stark, H...