Friday, June 12, 2020

Day 43: Highway Hell

Heading out of the hotel, I realize that in order to finish by 7:15 AM as planned, I'm gonna have to run really, really fast. As I ger moving, I begin to grapple with the thought that perhaps ten miles ain't in the cards today. The larger problem is that there's no place to go anyway.

I love to explore new places - places we're traveling - by doing what I call runs of discovery. Today's run of discovery wouldn't be all that wild; we're staying in Mentor, Ohio, which isn't all that far away. I want to explore anyway, and I also want to get my ten in. The exploration part isn't going so well because it seems like there's nothing but highways around our hotel. I can't seem to find a nice, quiet, safe place to run. But after a couple not-so-nice miles, I do find such a place: a nice, new road with very little traffic that goes on a couple miles.

It doesn't take long to reach Painesville. Later, when I reach Painesville proper (the older part of town), I run around there for a while before heading back.

I get eight miles in. It's not the ten I wanted, but it's all I got time for. At least I did manage to explore.

No comments: