Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Day 48: One Day Away

By my calculations, I should finish the West to East leg of the Great Virtual Run Across Tennessee 1000K (aka GVRAT) after tomorrow's planned ten-mile run. Hello, North Carolina! That will put it at 49 days to get across those 634 miles, averaging nearly 13 miles per day.

My understanding is that after the distance is logged (this should happen the following morning), I will receive an email with some options. One of them will be whether I want to begin the return trip. I plan to do that - go East to West - and to wind up near Memphis, where I started. I will have 74 days to do that, and I believe I can start recording those immediately upon finishing the first leg.

Today's ten-miler turned out better than anticipated. After not feeling so well at times during the last few runs, I didn't expect much. Although I ran slow and easy, it was a half-way decent slow and easy. Maybe it'll be like that tomorrow as well? We can only hope.

No comments: