Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Day 46: Closing in

If my mileage for this first month and a half of GVRAT is around 580, that means I have about 55 to go before getting to the 635-mile finish. It should happen sometime this week. When it does, you'll hear it here first.

Today I did a slow four outside, then came in and onto the mill for some 1200 repeats over six miles. After that, and instead of the usual hike with the grandsons (and their grandma), we went to the track.

The thing is, those kids love to run. We will be walking the three-mile trail around Hinckley Lake, they will just break out in a run for no reason. Then they like to find a bench, sit down, and wait for us slow people. Note that even when I do try to run with them, I still wind up as one of those slow people.

So today we took them to the track where they could run with impunity. And Grandpa too.

No comments: