Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Day 47: A Bitter Pill


It’s another beautiful morning so why am I here, on the mill?
Running way too many miles of course; it’s a bitter pill,
I’d started outside for this run,
But was finished there before I was done,
Yes, I' do anything for volume, and I do know the drill.


I almost titled this post, Tuesday's Terrible Toll. But I like limericks, so I referenced that instead. Yesterday's speedwork, and the overall mileage, in general, have indeed taken a toll. I woke up tired, sore, and much too early, yet I wanted to get a mid-week long run in like I did last Tuesday. I especially wanted to do it after last Saturday's failure.

This one didn't go much better, although I did manage (barely) to get the required eighteen miles in. I did eleven outside, mostly to, around, and back from the track. Those miles were somewhat slow, but they could have been worse. Then I hopped on the mill for the final seven. Those miles were not only slow; they were pretty darn awful.

I'm still closing in on that first 1000K for GVRAT. Do I need more protein?

More importantly, when does it begin to get easy?

No comments: