Wednesday, August 09, 2006

58 Degrees

O how I've yearned to have a day like this. It's been months, and today it happened; the temperature actually dipped below 60!

Yes, I made the most of it. I went to the track, took off my shirt and actually felt cold! What a sensation. Then I started my 3 x (1600, 1200, 800) workout. Things went swimmingly - I was running much better than I have in a long long time. That is until the football team showed up. Then there were too many people around and I had to cut the workout a bit short. Got through two sets and finished with one more 800. Still a great workout. I'm sure I coulda finished the other two repeats just fine. As it was I did two more miles on the road to cool down for 10 in 75.

Here are the repeats: 6:22, 4:44, 2:55, 6:19, 4:40, 2:55, 2:55 I'm happy that the 800s were so fast - that's where I was trying the hardest to concentrate.

I only hope this great weather continues.

No comments: