Saturday, August 12, 2006

Green YMCA Carribbean 10K

I had been wondering, but found out what was Carribbean about this race - a door prize of a Carribbean cruise for two. I didn't win. But I did run well. The 10K was two 5K loops. The weather was really great - 50s and 60s and crystal clear. The first 5K loop was a bit crowded because of the 5K runners. I did it in 19:48 and felt fine. Would I be able to continue? It suddenly became a lot more lonely for the 2nd go around. I tried to maintain that same pace. I guess I managed, because that time was also 19:48. Altogether I did the 10K in a very solid 39:37. I'm extremely pleased with that.

I think I may have been in 9th place. 1st in my AG. A good day's work.

No comments:

It was dark in the park

It was dark in the park, Goes the snark remark. Today’s runner tried to be quick off the mark, But with the dark so stark, H...