Thursday, August 03, 2006

Today's Death March

The plan had been to do the 20 yesterday, run easy today, and then try for another 20 on Friday. But then I woke up early again today and decided, why not bang out the 20 while I'm up? Bad Idea. Especially when it's 80F at 4AM, and I was still beat up from yesterday.

The first 4 down Substation were ok, but then it started getting ugly. Struggling back after those first 8, I decided that instead of going back down Substation for the second 8 like yesterday, I would head over to the track to get myself back on track, so to speak. I thought maybe I could make up for some of these slow miles by getting down to MP for 3 or 4 miles.

Didn't happen. I was lucky to do the 4 on the track in 33 minutes - that was my speedwork for the day. Getting back from the track was a real struggle.

4-mile splits: 32:11, 33:09, 36:17 (to the track), 33:00 (on the track), 36:02 (back)
Final time was 2:50:30.

No comments:

It was dark in the park

It was dark in the park, Goes the snark remark. Today’s runner tried to be quick off the mark, But with the dark so stark, H...