Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Day 13: Tremendous Toll - Today's Terrible Tempo Trot

The question is not, 'will I be able to maintain my tempo pace of around 8:10-ish per mile?' heading up this here Keller-Hanna Rd. hill. It's 'will I even make it to the top?' The short answer, in terms of the continuation of running, is no. I spot some litter in the form of a can and a bottle, and without even thinking, stop to pick them up. Now I have to find a recycling container in which to deposit them. All this caused me to stop my watch for a half-minute or so, and more importantly, stop running and catch my breath.

From that point on, it's almost entirely downhill. I start back up, and even manage to increase my speed just a bit as I finish today's ten-miler. The stop did rather put an end to today's tempo running, but I had managed to get four miles at the desired pace just prior to that point.

Thus, today's tempo trot wasn't too terrible. I just seemed a little faster and easier the last time I ran this route. I do have to wonder what kind of toll these Something-of-Substance runs are taking on my GVRAT high-mileage. And vice-versa.

~

Today Debbie and I walked around Hinckley Lake and once again, we spotted a bald eagle. They must have set up shop someplace nearby,


General Info about The Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee 1000K
Info about my own participation in GVRAT

No comments: