Monday, May 04, 2020

Day 4: Brunswick Lake

One of my regular haunts is Brunswick Lake. I normally run between 2.5 and 4 miles to get there, then I run a few one-mile loops around the lake, before returning home.

I am tired today. I was yesterday, too. There's that... and my foot hurts today. It hurt yesterday, too. There is a smattering of people moving about and around the lake. Taking the longer route to the lake has enabled me to use this time to wake up and to finally begin to run a wee bit faster.

When I'm half-way around the lake, I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around, only to discover that there's no one there. A half-mile later, I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around, and this time, it's Pete Kostelnick.

It's not at all unusual to spot Pete here, but I was a bit surprised this time because of the case of the invisible man (or woman) that first time. Pete and I exchange hellos, and he continues past me, no doubt on his way to 20, 40, or 80 miles or so. It dawns on me after he's long gone that I should have asked him whether he's doing GVRAT. Oh well. Next time I see him.

Ten miles today. Although I've had worse runs, I'm hoping tomorrow will be better.


General Info about The Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee 1000K
Info about my own participation in GVRAT

No comments: