Sunday, May 03, 2020

Day 3: Slow Burn

It's Day three of you-know-what. I'm running slow. Nothing to see here. Just move on.

I do move on, and I do manage to run nine slow miles of the usual ten-mile Sleepy Hollow course. A subsequent walk will put me over ten again today. That makes 44.25 miles (including about five walking miles) for my first three days of GVRAT, I should be ecstatic.

But I'm a little bit concerned. The top of my foot - the instep - hurts. I think it may have been the Hoka Speedgoat shoes I wore yesterday. Although I hadn't worn them for months, they are usually comfortable. It seems that they may have been tied too tight.

I'll try to baby myself. An injury this early in GVRAT would not be a good thing.


General Info about The Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee 1000K
Info about my own participation in GVRAT

No comments: