Saturday, May 09, 2020

Day 9: Sub-Ten

During my first eight days of the Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee, I managed to log ten or more miles each day. As mentioned in previous posts, ten (and a little change) is the magic number. Of course, ten is just the average I need to achieve. I have logged bigger numbers on occasion. But I've never gone below ten.

Until today.

30F and snow. I didn't want to face it on May 9. In fact, I never want to face it. But today's muscle soreness, sore foot, and general fatigue sealed the deal: I would just do what I could on the mill today.

As expected, even that wasn't going so well. After about four miles, I stepped off and began a separate 2.3-mile run that I did to honor the memory of Ahmed Arbery, the African-American runner who was hunted down and murdered by a white father and son. 2.3 miles is as far as he got that day. Others are doing this as well, and I just learned that it was supposed to be 2.23, not 2.3. Oh well.

After stepping on and off the mill a couple more times, I found myself with over nine miles. That's still short of ten, but I suppose I had to go below average sometime.

My Daily Mileage


General Info about The Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee 1000K
Info about my own participation in GVRAT

No comments: