Friday, May 15, 2020

Day 15: Terrible Tapering

Tapirs should not be underestimated

Speaking of tapering, which I've done before (speaking, not necessarily doing), I will typically take the second day prior to a marathon completely off. That would be today, assuming I am still thonning this Sunday. Then tomorrow, I would do an easy 1 to 3 mile run to loosen up.

These are not typical terrific tapering times. Due to GVRAT, where miles matter, they are terrible tapering times. Running a lot of miles day in and day out is somewhat antithetical to peak performance, at least during the high-mileage period itself. Which it is - and I'm still only getting started. But I do want to do this marathon as well. It's the MCRR Virtual one that I spoke of in yesterday's post.

After around 45 running miles plus 5-ish walking miles earlier this week, I did take it a tiny bit easier today. I only ran six miles at a very slow and easy pace before walking a couple more. So I suppose you could call it a tepid, tentative taper.


General Info about The Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee 1000K
Info about my own participation in GVRAT

No comments: