Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Day 19: Trashed

Do not misconstrue the meaning of the title of this post. It's not about me; I'm not trashed. Nope. I'm just fine, Well, okay, I'm a little beat up, but what's really trashed here are my shoes. They're the $12.99 Aldi specials, and over about 100 comfy miles, they have nicely far exceeded expectations. Alas, they're shot now. Just one more run - today's ten in the rain.

I could have easily talked myself into staying inside and running on the mill like I did yesterday. Even though it's not a cold rain (which I really hate), it's still rain. But this time my resolve to get outside wins out.

It was an easy ten miles, and I actually managed to get lost. You wouldn't think that that's possible so close to home, but rest assured, I can still do it. It made for some exploration, although it slowed me down some. Remember, the faster you run, the more lost you can get, and the corollary is also true. Of course, the other thing that slowed me down was the slight slipping and sliding on the wet concrete with my worn-out shoes.


General Info about The Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee 1000K
Info about my own participation in GVRAT

No comments: